To prevent asthma attacks and improve indoor environment avoid these things in your home when possible and read what to do when they are in your home:
• Second hand smoke. Do not smoke in your house or car.
• Candles, plug-ins, canned air fresheners. Do not use them in your house or car.
• Pets skin flakes, urine and saliva - keep pets outside, out of bedrooms, off furniture and away from toys.
• Dust mites live in pillows, carpet, furniture, toys, clothes, and bedding. Wash these items once a week in hot water.
• Pests and rodents - keep food and crumbs put away to prevent attraction. Don't use any poisons or sprays in the house.
• Control humidity in your house, humidity provides moisture in air for bacteria, virus, mold, and dust mites to thrive. Ideal range for humidity is 30% to 50% anything above 50% is not healthy.
•VOC's - Volatile Organic Compounds or chemicals can cause harsh reactions. Store heavy cleaners, fertilizers, bug sprays, gas, paints and paint thinners outside the house or in a well ventilated garage.
•Carbon dioxide - try to eliminate gas appliances from your home and/or properly maintain any gas appliances in your home.
Click here to learn how to fix these problems